What’s the first step?
I would love to learn more about your book. Please send me an email, and tell me about it.
What will it cost?
If you email me a Word document with 10 representative pages of your manuscript (250 words per page) and the total word count, I’ll give you an exact fee for polishing your writing.
How long will it take?
When we agree to work together, I’ll give you a date for returning your edited manuscript. Most manuscripts take two or three weeks.
What style guide do you use?
I use the Chicago Manual of Style, which is standard for the publishing industry. If you prefer, I will work with The Associated Press Stylebook, the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, or others.
Do you translate manuscripts or edit translations?
No. But I have complete confidence in an accomplished editor and translator for Spanish language texts, Tess Rankin. Please contact her at https://tessrankin.com
What kinds of books have you edited?
- graphic comic collection
- story collections
- medical (I studied medical Latin in college)
What do I get?
- a carefully copyedited manuscript with recommendations for correcting grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- suggestions for improving word use
- notes on your specific editorial concerns
- an individualized style sheet detailing choices and changes
- access to me by phone or email to answer any questions you have while you review your edited manuscript